Made with SUPERBABoost™, a super-concentrated Antarctic krill oil, which contains up to 50% more phospholipids and 40% more choline than unconcentrated krill oil. This unique concentration increases EPA and DHA bound to phospholipids by up to 40%, boosting total EPA and DHA by up to 20-30%, significantly improving your omega-3 index.
- EPA and DHA help contribute to the normal function of the heart.
- Help reduce joint pain and stiffness.
- Supports recovery after a workout.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of eye health
PRODUCT BEST USED: Daily
SPEED RECOVERY AND REDUCE INJURY - Stay in the game longer by helping your body repair faster.
BETTER ABSORPTION, BETTER BIOAVAILABILITY, BETTER YOU - The phospholipids in krill oil are the key to delivering omega-3s to your vital organs efficiently.
EXCELLENT SOURCE OF CHOLINE - The brain, liver, kidneys, pancreas and muscles all depend on adequate choline intake.
NO FISH BURPS - Getting fish oil down usually isn’t the problem, but few things worse than when it comes back up! These vanilla-scented capsules smell good in your hand, go down nice and easy and stay down.
Intense training and athletic performance leave muscles riddled with microscopic tears and since krill oil exhibits powerful anti-inflammatory properties, it can speed recovery. Krill oil can also reduce injury by boosting blood and oxygen flow to muscles, preventing wear and tear on the body’s tissues as well as helping to relieve joint pain. Krill offers three distinct advantages for athletes:
- Omega-3s in krill are bound to phospholipids, a fatty molecule integral to the body’s cells and cell membranes. In most fish oils, omega-3s are carried by triglycerides, which require conversion in the liver in order to enter the bloodstream. Krill oil’s omega-3s enter the bloodstream directly, via recognition of the phospholipids, speeding their availability for use in the body.
- High volume/high-intensity exercise exhibits immune-system modulating effects that weaken the defense mechanisms of a recovering body, making athletes especially vulnerable to infections. Supplementing with 2 grams per day of krill oil has been shown to significantly improve immune function parameters in a 6-week study.
- Krill oil contains two nutrients not found in other sources of omega-3s: Choline, which cells need for structure, function, and signaling, and Astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, the unstable molecules that can damage cells and increase the risk for age-related diseases, cancer, and heart disease.
Progenex Omega super-concentrated krill oil is more fish than fish oil and even comes without those nasty fish burps. It's no gimmick. Read More
Phospholipids are structurally different than omega-3 triglycerides (found in fish and algal oils), and dictate how EPA and DHA enter into the body, aka the highway to cells. Since krill’s omega-3s are carried directly into the blood via the phospholipids, they help raise one’s omega-3 index more efficiently.
The body immediately recognizes phospholipid omega-3s and incorporates them into the cells before carrying them to the tissues and organs that need them the most. On the contrary, other sources of omega-3s in triglyceride form must be processed in the liver before they can be taken up by the cells and used by the body. Read More
Choline is the head-group of phosphatidylcholines - an essential human nutrient - as it holds a wide range of roles in human metabolism. It is a vitamin-like nutrient crucial for normal cellular function. Many organs such as the brain, liver, kidney, pancreas and muscles all depend on adequate choline intake. Read More
Progenex Omega super-concentrated Antarctic krill is a certified sustainable source of omega-3s EPA & DHA. Our krill oil is produced using Eco-Harvesting® Technology, MSC-certified and naturally non-GMO.